Sunday, January 4, 2015

Alaska Trip

Adventures can still be had in Alaska!  I took the chance and faced my age by going to my older brother's birthday party...age will remain undisclosed.  But the fun was not just at his party.

He is older, but he can beat me in any competition....of course he has a foot in height difference so it does matter in raquetball, basketball and this time, new to me- kayaking.  Although I could never catch him, I did run him off in the weeds once....success (still the little sister) The lake was glassy smooth and the weather was shirtsleeve even for me, the five layer burrito.  I was taking layers off out in the middle of the lake as my brother steadied my kayak.  It was such fun.  If that had been the only thing done all week, it would have been a marvelous trip

No comments:

Post a Comment